Sticky cauliflower rice with mixed nuts
2 red onions, finely sliced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger zest
1 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
150g mixed unsalted nuts
6 radishes, finely chopped
1 bunch fresh herbs , roughly chopped salt and black pepper
1 tbsp honey
zest of a lime
1 handful baby spinach leaves coconut oil
a pinch garam masala
- Chop the leaves from the cauliflower and break into chunks. Place into a food processor and pulse until you have a rice texture.
- In a large frying pan, melt over a high heat 2 tbsp coconut oil and then add the onions, cook until transparent, add the garlic, mustard seeds and ginger, cook for 2 minutes, season with salt & pepper.
- Add the cauliflower to the onions, turn up the heat and stir until the cauliflower has turned a golden brown colour.
- Meanwhile in another small frying pan, toast the mixed nuts until golden, then add honey and garam masala and toss until coated. Take from the heat and set aside.
- Spoon the cauliflower onto a large platter, sprinkle over the nuts, baby spinach leaves, radishes, zest of the lime and mixed herbs.
- Serve alone or with a selection of other salads and fresh bread.