Roasted vegetable filo triangles
These are such a great way to get rid of left overs in your fridge, you can change up the fillings depending on what you have at hand.
1 pkt filo pastry
220g feta cheese
handful fresh dill
1 lemon zest
1 sweet potato, peeled, chopped into 1cm cubes
1 potato, peeled, chopped into 1cm cubes
1 large brown onion, chopped
5 garlic cloves, with skin on
1 aubergine, chopped into 1 cm cubes
2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven 180C.
- Place all the chopped vegetables into a large roasting tray, drizzle over a generous amount of olive oil, sprinkle with salt. Mix together with clean hands, so all the vegetables are covered with oil. Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked. Set aside and let cool.
- Put the vegetables into a clean bowl, pop the garlic cloves out of their skin and mix with the cool vegetables.
- Crumble the feta on top of the vegetables, add the dill, lemon zest, salt and pepper, gently mix together.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat.
- Take one sheet of filo pastry, place it on a chopping board, long side facing you and gently paint with a pastry brush, fold over and paint again with the butter.
- Put 1 large tbsp of the vegetable mixture into the right bottom corner of the filo, make the shape of a triangle with the mixture and then carefully fold over to the outer edge of the pastry. Keep folding at least 4 times until your triangular pocket is sealed..
- Brush the top of the vegetable pocket with butter, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Repeat until you have no filling left over.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes. Serve with a salad of your choice .