Roasted turmeric & ginger granola
2 cups rolled oats
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla powder, or extract
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons turmeric
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup orange juice and zest
1/3 cup goji berries – optional to add at cooling stage
- In a large saucepan, melt over a medium heat the coconut oil and honey.
- Preheat the oven to 160C, line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the spices, oats and seeds to the coconut oil and combine.
- Pour onto the tray and bake for 35 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Store granola in an airtight container.
Note – Great served with Greek yoghurt or coconut milk.
Melted coconut oil with honey and herbs.