2 large brown onions
1 cup parsley leaves
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup plain flour
6 garlic cloves
1 cup coriander leaves
2 tsp cumin
2 cups cooked chickpeas
2 tsp baking powder
salt and pepper to taste
Tahini Sauce Ingredients
1 1/4 cups Greek yoghurt
1/4 cup tahini paste
2 tbsp lemon juice and zest
– Mix all ingredients together and place in the fridge
- Add onions, garlic to a food processor, pulse until finely minced. Remove from theblender and set aside.
- To the food processor add the chickpeas, parsley, coriander, salt, chili and cumin and blend lightly (do not blend to a puree).
- Return the onion to food processor, add baking powder and flour, pulse the mixture if fully blended (not a sticky puree).
- Transfer the mixture to a clean bowl, cover with cling film and refrigerate until required.
- Heat a large heavy based frying pan with some sunflower or coconut oil and cook burger size falafels for about five minutes each side or until golden.
- Serve with pita bread, or as an alternative a burger, with the tahini sauce, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, onion confit, Comte cheese slices and avocado. Eat and enjoy!