Black beans and wild red rice rissoles
80g organic red rice, cooked as packet instructs
200g black beans, soaked over night and cooked
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped finely
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tbsp grain mustard
50g gluten free oat flakes olive oil
salt and cracked black pepper
6 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- In a medium frying pan cook the onion and garlic in 3 tbsp olive oil until tender, then add the grain mustard, 3 tbsp tamari and the coriander, mix and set aside.
- In a food processor , add the cooked black beans, the onion mix and pulse. Blend until you have a sticky consistency.
- Empty into a large bowl and add the oats, the red rice, ginger, 3 tbsp tamari, salt and pepper, mix together.
- With a tablespoon, scoop out balls of mixture and gently shape into a round ball.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the balls until they are crispy on the outside, about 6-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a bowl of vegetables or noodles or have cold in pita bread with sun dried tomatoes. They are delicious and can be served in many way