Vegan nut loaf with fresh herbs
100g Brazil nuts
100g cashew nuts
10g flax seeds, crushed
1 tbsp rice flour
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp cider vinegar
fresh herbs chopped finely – parsley, chives, basil
1. In a large bowl soak the Brazil and cashew nuts in water for 8 hours.
2. Drain the nuts and put in a blender with all the other ingredients, except the herbs.
3. Season to taste, and with hands make a sausage shape.
4. On a piece of baking paper sprinkle over the herbs, place the nut sausage on top of the herbs
and roll the paper into a tight log.
5. Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or over night. 6. Serve with grain biscuits as a pre dinner sna