Fresh cherry cake with milled linseed
140g SR flour ( or Gluten free flour) 90g butter, melted
4 tbsp milk
50g brown sugar
a pinch of ginger
1 tsp cinnamon 300g fresh cherries
30g GF flour
25g brown sugar
2 tbsp milled linseeds pinch cinnamon
1. Line a 20cm round spring form cake tin.
2. Use a cherry pitter to remove the stones, keeping the fruit whole.
3. Preheat the over to 180C – fan forced 160C.
4. In a large bowl, sift the flour, add the sugar, ginger and cinnamon.
5. Make a well in the centre of the flour, add the egg, milk and melted butter, then mix until
6. Spoon into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Scatter the cherries over the cake mixture and
gently press them in.
7. To make the topping, place all ingredients into a bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingers and
make a crumble mixture, sprinkle over the cherries.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave in the tin to cool. 9. Serve with a lightly whipped cream or Greek yoghurt.