Fava grass pea dip
200g grass peas (or split yellow peas, soaked for 4 hours)
1 red onion, diced
1/2 lemon zest and juice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
cracked black pepper
flaked sea salt
- Rinse the peas and place in a large saucepan, cover with water.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Be careful the peas are always topped up with water if necessary.
- Add the diced red onion and olive oil, cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Roughly mash the mixture and leave to cool.
- Before serving season with the lemon juice, zest, pepper and salt.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a few spring onion rings.
- Serve either warm or cold with pita breads and vegetable sticks.