Celeriac, beet and white bean burgers
75g celeriac, grated
50g red or yellow raw beetroot, grated
200g dry white beans, soaked overnight, cooked and mashed
100g organic red rice, cooked
40g fresh breadcrumbs
50g courgette, grated on small holes
1 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp grained mustard
1 lemon zest
1/2 cup dill finely chopped
1 bunch coriander finely chopped
salt and cracked black pepper
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Mix all the above ingredients together and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat the coconut oil over a medium heat.
- Make bean burgers by forming 2 large tablespoons in a round shape with hands.
- Lightly cook batches of burgers until golden on each side.
- Serve with green said, hummus, lemon wedges and toasted flat breads.