Last week we hosted a beautiful vegetarian wedding at Chalet Savoie Faire and since then many of the wedding guests have been asking for the recipes. So this is for you, enjoy!
This is a super easy and very tasty salad, it’s colourful contrast looks great on any table.
Black Bean Salad
Ingredients – Serves 8
500g black beans
200g feta cheese
1 handful fresh baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup parsley
1/2 cup chives
2 red onions, peeled and chopped into large chunks
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into large slithers 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
Dressing – mix together
2 tbsp finely chopped shallots 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup extra virgin oil oil
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
salt and cracked black pepper
- Soak the black beans in a large bowl of cold water for 24 hours.
- Cook the black beans in large pot of salted water, until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the sweet potatoes and red onions on a large baking tray, drizzle with olive oiland sprinkle with curry powder, gently massage with your hands to coat vegetables.Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the potato is cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Make the dressing, season to taste.
- In a large salad bowl mix together the black beans, the dressing, spinach leaves,herbs, potatoes and onions. Break up the feta between your fingers and sprinkle over the top, garnish with sunflower seeds.
Note – This can be stored in a Tupperware for up to a week.