Cherry, lemon & almond clafoutis
This is the perfect last minute dessert that even the kids can help make. Change up the fruit to blackberries, raspberries, pears and apples. Serve with freshly whipped cream or a vanilla ice-cream.
15g plain flour
100g caster sugar
50g ground almonds
zest of a lemon
3 egg yolks
250g ripe cherries, pitted
1 tbsp icing sugar to garnish
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, ground almonds, eggs, yolks, lemon zest and cream.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes (optional, will make a thicker batter).
- Heat the oven to 190C.
- Grease a shallow ceramic serving dish with a generous amount of butter.
- Scatter the cherries over the base of the dish, pour the batter over the top of the cherries and place in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden in colour.
- Sprinkle with a little icing sugar and serve immediately.
Cookery video below: