Roquefort, walnut & pumpkin tart
1 leek, washed, chopped finely
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1kg butternut pumpkin, deseeded
1 roll puff pastry
250g Roquefort cheese
2 red onions, peeled, chopped finely
handful parsley, washed, finely chopped
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup creme fraiche
salt, cracked black pepper
pinch of nutmeg
1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large frying pan over a medium heat, melt the butter and oil, cook the leek & onions for 5 minutes then add the pumpkin. Let cook for about 15 minutes, stirring every now and then. If the pan becomes dry, add a little water.
- Meanwhile, prepare your quiche tin with the pastry, prick the bottom of the base with a fork.
- Whisk the eggs, egg yolks, creme fraiche, nutmeg, salt and pepper together.
- Pour the cooked pumpkin mixture into the base of the pastry, add the liquid and then crumble the cheese, walnuts and parsley over the top.
- Cook for about 30-40 minutes, or until your pastry is golden.