This is such a lovely and different way to make a potato salad, its rich in flavours and will be a winner at any BBQ table. I have used sunflower seeds instead of pine nuts to keep the costs down and personally l think it gives just as good a flavour.
Ingredients – serves 4-6
3 organic eggs
600g new potatoes, washed but not peeled 100g frozen peas
25g fresh basil leaves
55g sunflower seeds
2 garlic cloves, crushed
200ml organic olive oil
1 tbsp cider vinegar
60g Parmesan, grated finely
- Place the potatoes into a large saucepan of cold water, sprinkle with salt and cook until tender, drain and set aside.
- Cook the eggs in boiling water, semi soft to hard boiled, leave in cold water and then peel and set aside.
- Boil the kettle and pour over the peas, leave for 1 minute, drain and refresh in cold water.
- Meanwhile in a food processor blitz the garlic, sunflower seeds, parsley, basil, oil and vinegar,season with salt and pepper and pour into a large salad bowl.
- Place the potatoes, peas into the salad bowl and gently toss. Add the chopped eggs and sprinkle with extra parsley and grated Parmesan.
Note – it’s best to mix the dressing with warm potatoes as they absorb more of the flavours.