We always have a jar of Anzacs in the house for the guests that drop by unexpectedly. They keep for up to a week in an airtight container, although we never seem to keep them that long with Hugh’s sweet tooth.
50g desicated coconut
95g gluten free oats
150g semi polished oat flour
50g whole rice flour
220g brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan forced. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
2. Combine oats, flours, sugar and coconut in a large bowl.
3. In a medium saucepan combine butter, golden syrup and water, stir over a low heat until smooth, stir in bicarbonate of soda.
4. Mix all the ingredients together, roll level tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Place on a tray about 5cm apart and flatten slightly.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, take out of the oven and let cool on the trays.