Fish burger wraps with a carrot and endive salad
Serves 2 – 4
1 brown onion, peeled & grated
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
salt & cracked black pepper
1 tsp turmeric
zest of a lemon
1/2 cup breadcrumbs – plus 1/4 cup extra
400g filet of cod
1 tbsp dill, chopped finely
1 tbsp parsley, chopped finely
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1 pkt wraps, warmed in the oven
For the salad
1 large carrot, grated
1 endive, chopped finely
1 celery branch, chopped finely
1/4 cup grated tasty cheese
dressing – 1 tsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp mustard, salt & pepper – mix
- In a large bowl, add the egg,garlic, salt, pepper, lemon zest, dill, turmeric and parsley. Mix together.
- In a small food processor, chop the cod filets until they are mashed. Add to the egg mixture.
- Add the bread crumbs to the cod, mix thoroughly, you may need more breadcrumbs if your mix is too wet.
- With your hands, form small balls of the mixture and then coat in a layer of the extra breadcrumbs.
- Over a medium to high heat in a non stick frying pan, heat the vegetable oil and cook the fish burgers until a golden colour.
- Serve immediately with a plate of wraps and salad. Add a wedge of lemon for garnish with a sprig of dill.