A quick and impressive share plate that will get the conversation started in any situation.
We like to serve this to our guests at Chalet Savoie Faire during the aperitif with some local Savoie white wine. Dipping crusty homemade bread into a melted round of Brie cheese, oozing with delightful smells of roasted honey,garlic, fresh herbs and warm wine. The taste buds race, the tongues wag and “voila” your conversation has started with a bang, a smile and everyone wants the recipe. It’s so easy it’s embarrassing, but here you are, try it and enjoy the experience it takes you to.
1 kg Wheel of Brie cheese, 2 sprigs Rosemary, 2 sprigs Thyme, 2 tbsp honey, zest 1 orange, 1 clove garlic, 150ml white wine, sprinkle paprika, crusty toasted bread to serve.
- Place the Brie in a tight fitting oven proof round dish (one that can be used for service). Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cut small incisions into the Brie and insert alternatively a slither of garlic,rosemary and thyme.
- Pour the wine over the cheese, sprinkle with paprika, drizzle with honey and the orange zest.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and swollen slightly in size.
- Serve the Brie immediately (still in the oven proof dish) on a wooden chopping board, surround with toasted fresh bread.
Note – This can also be served as a starter, add a small bowl of pickled gherkins and some cherry tomatoes to go with the cheese.