Almond crumbed Camembert
2 Camembert cheeses
1 egg, beaten
4 tbsp plain flour
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
3 tbsp flaked almonds
Salt & pepper
oil for shallow frying
1 cup home made plumb jam
- Cut the Camembert into quarters and then cut each quarter into half again, making 8 wedges from each cheese.
- Take three shallow bowls, one with flour, seasoned with the salt & pepper, one with the egg and the last with flour mixed with the almonds.
- Take individual wedges of cheese, roll in the flour, coat in egg and cover with the breadcrumb mixture. Continue until all 16 wedges have been coated.
- Heat a large heavy based frying pan with 1 cm olive and lightly fry the wedges 4 at a time, on all sides. Place on a baking tray and keep warm in the oven, until all the wedges are cooked.
- Place 2 wedges on each plate with some greenery and a small dollop of jam.